Saturday, January 21, 2012

As I hobble along...

So...yeah, I was in a tornado.  To say it was a horrific experience is a sizable understatement.  Just 3 weeks after moving to Joplin, MO from Bowling Green, OH that screaming wall of black destruction stopped life as I knew it and started it again in what seemed like a different time-space continuum.  I am sure that I am the same Melly--I look the same (mostly), I laugh the same, I still burn cookies every time I bake them...but I feel different.  (Okay, I'm going to reveal my SciFi leanings...I'm not a dork because I like a little science fiction now and again...or so I keep telling myself).  I kind of feel like I am stuck in some sort of Battlestar Galactica/Star Trek (the newer one with Chris Pine)/Back to the Future hybrid kind of existence. Life feels familiar but just not quite "right."  So...yeah, I started this blog to document the resurrection of Melly (and Melly's kids, home, & general life).

Here are some AP photos of my family from the day of the tornado...the first is my daughter being carried by our neighbor (we hadn't even officially met him and his wife but they stepped up and helped with my kids in amazing ways), the second is my second-born son being carried by our neighbor (told you he was amazing), and the third is of me (in the blue) being helped by 2 neighbors (only one of whom I had met before the tornado)...




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



1 comment: